- “Be Dazzling” Scented Candle, $40, Kate Spade
- Buzzed Cocktail Napkin, $32, August Morgan
- Decorative Leopard Pillow Cover 18×18 (other sizes available), $42, MakingFabulous
- Osito 2 Jacket, $99, North Face
- Gilded Portable Charger, $40, Nasty Gal
- Dali Llama Mug, $12, Urban Outfitters
- Dry Gin, $15 (200-milliliter bottle), Koval Distillery
The theme is workspaces, which doesn’t usually interest me, but lately I’ve been dreaming of a home office (and a pink one at that!).
This is blogger Monika Hibbs‘ home office. I’ve been lusting after those Kate Spade nesting boxes (I’m partial to the polka dots and stripes set), and I love that she DIY’d her coffee table and bookshelves from IKEA’s Vittsjo series. Chic and affordable. Who said it couldn’t be done? I think that’s why I like it so much. It’s gorgeous… and not completely out of reach.
Even if you’re like me and don’t have room for an office, I still think you can still glean some inspiration from the fab spaces—office and otherwise—in the June/July issue. I swear I found something to love on every single page—even in the ads!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Hello, chocolates and flowers and rom coms! Just keeding. We have no plans for V-Day except a House of Cards marathon (season two is out Friday!) and, if I’m lucky, takeout.
While I’m not really a touchy-feeling romantic type (though I do like surprises… hint, hint), I can’t deny my love for hot pink year around. I’ve been noticing a lot of pink and gold combos popping up, and I’m crushing HARD. I think the boy would kill me if I pinked our living room, so I’ve been collecting ideas for a future girly office, and let me just say: It’s going to be awesome.
But in the meantime, here’s a few of my trend favs:
1. Trina Turk La Playa Fuchsia/Purple Embroidered Pillow, $140, Zinc Door
2. Michael Kors Bedford Leather Crossbody, $178, Nordstrom
3. Thonet Chair in Hot Pink, $150, ABC Carpet & Home
4. Gold Bazooka Pink Dial Seaport Chronograph, $250, Kate Spade
5. #GirlyGirl Pencil Set, $8, Design Darling
6. Moroccan Glasses Set of 6 – Pink/Gold, $45, Design Menagerie
“I want that Wednesdays” are a series of posts that, well frankly, are just of things (real estate, decor, food, etc.) I like. Egotistical, right? I’m hoping in time it’ll help me define my personal tastes. Let me know if you love it/hate it/can’t get enough of it.
Isn’t this Kate Spade weekender fabulous? I love the warm leather with the striped lining. I always pictured my adult self as someone with fabulous luggage, walking up the stairs to a private jet, sunglasses-clad, waving like Jackie O (and never dressed in sweatpants. Oh, how travel has changed).
Instead I have a very beat-up, basic three-piece set – one with a busted zipper, one with a busted handle and one that’s actually missing… IT’S TIME FOR AN UPGRADE.