- “Be Dazzling” Scented Candle, $40, Kate Spade
- Buzzed Cocktail Napkin, $32, August Morgan
- Decorative Leopard Pillow Cover 18×18 (other sizes available), $42, MakingFabulous
- Osito 2 Jacket, $99, North Face
- Gilded Portable Charger, $40, Nasty Gal
- Dali Llama Mug, $12, Urban Outfitters
- Dry Gin, $15 (200-milliliter bottle), Koval Distillery
Yes, I know it’s already October… But I missed out on September’s On My Mind, so I’m cheating a bit.
1. You guys, HGTV has come to Netflix. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited this makes a non-cable subscriber like me. I’m literally watching Love It or List It right. now. YES. (Just a quick rant: I hope deals like this, Netflix original series and the like will come to mark the beginning of the end of the cable provider monopoly. Down with the man! I frankly refuse to pay $75/month for a crappy package that really only includes two or three channels that I actually watch.)
2. Is it acceptable to wear white after Labor Day now? I’ve noticing a lot of girls still rocking their white jeans. And I know there’s all this talk of “winter whites.” (I don’t really see the difference, but that’s me.) How do we feel about breaking the rules?
3. Speaking of, right after Labor Day my family started asking for my Christmas list… It’s four months away! But I’m not complaining because I come from a family of pretty fantastic gift givers. I asked for the new Adore Home book, a North Face backpack and Maddie the Coonhound prints. Have you started thinking Christmas? What’s on your list?
4. But before we jump to winter, can we just talk about how awesome fall is? Crisp air and changing leaves, flannel and riding boots. I LOVE it. We took a little road trip to Coloma, Mich., last weekend to go apple picking (the pic above) and even stopped in at a distillery on the way back. Now all I can think about is making Apple Cider Bourbon Punch. Yum, yum!