1. As much as I enjoyed hosting the Garden Party, it could’ve really been something special if I owned my own place—and especially if that place was THIS place. I am totally loving the entertaining possibilities with this fabulous layout (click through for more pics) by one of my favs, Frank Lloyd Wright. The house is for sale, but at $3.2 million it’s a little out of my price range. Well, and it’s in Houston. (Thanks to Tracy for passing along the link!)
2. We’re in full-on sweet corn season here in the Midwest, and I’ve been dying to try out an elotes/Mexican street corn recipe. Anybody have a go-to they’ll share?
3. Speaking of the Midwest, I’m loving Buzzfeed’s 23 Facts All Midwestern Women Know To Be True. No. 21 hit especially close to home this week: “You know that people who hate on lakes just haven’t been properly introduced to your part of the country.” My parents and extended family are vacationing on a lake in Minnesota right now, and I’m very jealous.
4. Have you guys seen that tutorial bouncing around Pinterest about remaking lampshades out of leggings? Mandi over at Vintage Revivals is a genius! Who would have thought there’d be such an easy—and budget-friendly—fix for an ugly thrift store shade? Amazing.
5. I need some polka dots in my life. I’ve been trying to figure out where I can incorporate them into my apartment, and I think maybe I’ve found my answer: In the bedroom! With all the effort I’ve been putting toward the living room revamp, I need to follow Gold and Williams’ advice and give some TLC to my nighttime retreat. New sheets could be a great jumping off point.