1. If you don’t mind an essay filled with expletives, you HAVE to read McSweeney’s “It’s Decorative Gourd Season, Motherfuckers.” I. AM. DYING. Though I’m totally guilty of loving an ugly gourd or two myself.
2. Sticking with the season, someone wrote into Dear Prudence complaining about having to buy candy for less fortunate children that don’t even live in her super wealthy neighborhood… REALLY?! Prudence totally verbally slapped this person: “Stop being callous and miserly and go to Costco, you cheapskate, and get enough candy to fill the bags of the kids who come one day a year to marvel at how the 1 percent live.” Touché, Prudence. Touché.
3. Have you seen IKEA’s hilarious ad for it’s low-tech catalog? “Introducing the new 2015 IKEA catalog. It’s not a digital book. Or an e-book. It’s a book book.” lol. Check it out.
4. Tory Burch has a new line of watches, and I’m totally crushing on the small gold one. But $800 for a basic watch?! I guess that’s her thing though, which I fell for with the basic black flats… But three years later, they’re still going strong so I think it’s worth the $200 price tag. Quality over quantity!
5. And finally, I’m Kansas City-bound tonight and I’ve never been, so if you have suggestions on things to do, bartenders to visit or BBQ to eat, let me know! xoxo